Beate KramerLawyer (Rechtsanwältin) | Partner Counsel Becker Büttner Held
+49 (0)30 611 28 40-526
- Advice to and representation of drinking water supply and wastewater disposal companies (public utilities, municipalities, special-purpose associations, water associations, public-law institutions etc.) on all stages of the water cycle
- Water withdrawal, water procurement, water treatment, water distribution, fire-extinguishing water, legal relationships to clients, transmission and treatment of wastewater, discharge into receiving waters of wastewater following treatment etc.
- Water law (e.g. Federal Water Act (WHG), Drinking Water Ordinance (TrinkwV), Ordinance on General Conditions for the Supply of Water (AVBWasserV), state water acts and municipal charges law)
Beate Kramer counsels and represents water supply and wastewater disposal companies in a full spectrum of legal issues. She specialises in advice on civil law matters, e.g. in regard to fire-extinguishing water, water supply, redistribution, the water supply obligation, industrial and special customer contracts, the Ordinance on General Conditions for the Supply of Water (AVBWasserV) and the Drinking Water Ordinance (TrinkwV), sewage sludge, customer relationships as well as operation and management agreements. Furthermore, she provides legal advice on corporate structures, tariff systems and charges, among others.
- Born in Passau (Bavaria) in 1982
- 2002-2009 studies of law at the Universities of Passau and Regensburg, legal traineeship in Regensburg
- 2009-2010 lawyer at a medium-sized law firm in Regensburg
- 2009-2010 part-time lecturer at the university of applied sciences Fachhochschule Regensburg
- Since 2010 lawyer at BBH Berlin
- Certificate course in “Water and the Environment” at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, department of civil engineering
- Member of the editorial board of the water/wastewater journal “gwf – Wasser I Abwasser”
- Member of the German Technical and Scientific Association for Gas and Water (Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V. – DVGW)
- Regularly lectures at DVGW
- Numerous publications on various legal issues relating to the water industry such as the supply of water for extinguishing fire, pipeline easements as well as the construction and renovation of water service connections